Thursday 22 October 2015

Woodland Crown and Leaf Skirt Props for Fine Art Photography Workshop

I honestly can't remember how it came about that I ended up making a woodland crown for Gary Hill and Cass Davies of JustPose for one of their Fine Art Photography teaching workshops.

I do however remember the looks my husband gave me when I told him I was going to make a prop from the pile of hedges he was currently hacking down in the garden.




Sometimes when you have something in your mind's eye, you just have to go with the flow, and although it didn't really come out as I had envisaged, I think you'll agree, as a photography prop, the Woodland Crown I made is pretty dramatic!










Behind the scenes


Gary even took it one step further and edited it in PS to look like a fire!




(The head-dress is nothing to do with me, but I'm told it came from that good old online auction site!)

After that workshop, Gary and Cass got in touch to see if I had any more creative suggestions for their next date.

After bouncing around a few ideas (which I won't reveal in case they ever come to fruition in the future!) I had a strong vision of a girl appearing to grow out of a pile of leaves.

Using some fabric from my stash, I machine sewed on almost 400 fabric leaves on to a wraparound skirt.




I think it's fair to say, I was pleased to get it finally finished!




I also made a leafy tieback.




During the day of the workshop I was sent some behind the scenes phone pics and knew I couldn't wait to see the edited images.



Behind the scenes





I would love to create something for their next workshop, but will maybe think twice about offering to make a leaf skirt again!

For details of future Just Pose courses, please visit their website

No comments:

Post a Comment