Tuesday 22 September 2015

How To Make A Lidded Box From Card

I often see photographers asking for nice ways to present their client's USB sticks after their sessions.

There are lots of gorgeous wooden and personalised boxes available, but what if you are running lots of mini-sessions and don't necessarily want to include the expense of your regular presentation boxes into these kinds of sessions?

In this tutorial, I show you how to make a lidded box from cardstock.

These are a low-expense item to make and you could easily use your brand colours, or have stickers printed, use ribbon, or even glue a small square print from the session on the lid - the possibilities are endless!




You will need




1. 2 sheets of cardstock in A4 size per box - approx 240gsm in weight
2. Double sided tape, or craft dots
3. Scissors to cut card
4. Ruler or flat edge





Watch my video for instructions





I hope you enjoy this tutorial and perhaps have a go at making some for your photography studio - if I can do it, you definitely can!  Please show me any images you take!

With thanks to Frances Stephenson Photography for the loan of her personalised USB

No comments:

Post a Comment